1910 Simplex
back


 

View More Photos | Contact Us

 

1910 Simplex 50 HP Toy Tonneau Discovered in the 1950's by Leo Peters of Long Island, the Simplex had been modified for commercial use after the war; a small tow arm had been skillfully fitted to the back of the car, but it was carefully restored back to its original appearance. It was sold in 1957 to George Gentsch of Amherst, Massachusetts who apparently never got around to giving her the full restoration she deserved. The Simplex was sold again in 1963 in partially dismantled condition to James Bragg of New York City and Woodbury, Connecticut. Mr. Bragg had the automobile fully restored by Andy Anderson in Massachusetts with technical advice from Simplex expert Edgar Roy. In the mid 1970's the Simplex was offered for sale by Ed Jurist's Old Car Store in Nyack, New York, where it was purchased by noted collector Rick Carroll. It was then purchased by prominent HCCA member Dr. F. M. Brunemeier where it began a wonderful 20 year ownership period which included extensive touring on the West Coast. It passed to Connecticut Brass Era Collector Richard King in 1998, where the Simplex was given an extensive restoration under the direction of noted Brass Era restorer Stu Laidlaw. Returned to its original glory, the brass has been beautifully restored and the car is fitted with an original set of the highly prized Solarclypse headlamps.

Boulevard Motorcar Company
31250 Cedar Valley Drive Westlake Village, CA  91362
Sales@Blvdmc.com
Tel.: 805-523-3330 | Fax: 805-523-3336